Welcome to Sacramento
Are you a fan of Sacramento Sports?
Stay in the loop by signing up for Sac Sports event notifications!
|Keep me updated|
- A sports-crazy town. It has three professional sports teams, a number of high-profile events each year and a plethora of recreation opprtunities including fishing, golfing, cycling, skating, paddling and skiing. Since it enjoys over 250 days of sunshine, it's an outdoor sporting mecca.
- Equipped for sporting events of all kinds. The region boasts a 442,000-square foot multi-purpose arena, Mondo Super X 720 surface warm-up and main tracks at Sac State, soccer, softball and volleyball complexes as well as 2,000 acres of city parks and 50 golf courses. The region has hosted everything from gymnastics meets and bowling tournaments to U.S. Track and Field Championships and NCAA Men's Basketball tournaments.
- Centrally located in Northern California. It is a short distance from the California Wine Country, Historic Gold Country, California Redwoods, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Reno and Yosemite. Sacramento is one of California's most accessible major cities.
- Surrounded by beautiful and accessible landscape. The American and Sacramento rivers provide hundreds of miles of waterways and the 30-mile-long American River Bike Trail. Sacramento is also home to 2,000 acres of city parks, more than 50 golf courses and two nearby lakes.
- America's Farm-to-Fork Capital, so you will have a culinary experience unlike any other. Sacramento's restaurants, caterers and hotel chefs utilize the abundance of regionally grown products to create a farm-to-fork freshness that's unparalleled in this country.
Sacramento's Professional Sports Teams
USA Track & Field header image courtesy of Bryan Patrick.
CIF Basketball Championship photo courtesy of Dennis Lee, Maxpreps.