Welcome to Sacramento
The Amgen Tour of California Overall Start returns to Sacramento on Sunday, May 14.…
Get your teams ready for the third annual Niello BMW Corporate Run on Capitol Mall, Thursday, May 25.…
The USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships are returning to Sacramento June 22-25, 2017.…
- A sports-crazy town. It has three professional sports teams, a number of high-profile events each year and a plethora of recreation opprtunities including fishing, golfing, cycling, skating, paddling and skiing. Since it enjoys over 250 days of sunshine, it's an outdoor sporting mecca.
- Equipped for sporting events of all kinds. The region boasts a 442,000-square foot multi-purpose arena, Mondo Super X 720 surface warm-up and main tracks at Sac State, soccer, softball and volleyball complexes as well as 2,000 acres of city parks and 50 golf courses. The region has hosted everything from gymnastics meets and bowling tournaments to U.S. Track and Field Championships and NCAA Men's Basketball tournaments.
- Centrally located in Northern California. It is a short distance from the California Wine Country, Historic Gold Country, California Redwoods, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Reno and Yosemite. Sacramento is one of California's most accessible major cities.
- Surrounded by beautiful and accessible landscape. The American and Sacramento rivers provide hundreds of miles of waterways and the 30-mile-long American River Bike Trail. Sacramento is also home to 2,000 acres of city parks, more than 50 golf courses and two nearby lakes.
- America's Farm-to-Fork Capital, so you will have a culinary experience unlike any other. Sacramento's restaurants, caterers and hotel chefs utilize the abundance of regionally grown products to create a farm-to-fork freshness that's unparalleled in this country.
Sacramento's Professional Sports Teams
Sacramento is home to the National Basketball Association's Kings - and the city is known as having the loudest and most loyal fans in the league. There's a lot of excitement surrounding the team with the new Golden 1 Center in downtown Sacramento that opened in September 2016.
The Sacramento River Cats play at Raley Field just across Tower Bridge from downtown Sacramento, and it's one of the winningest teams in minor league baseball. Affordable tickets and a great location make it the perfect outing for family and friends.
Sacramento Republic FC is the capital city's pro soccer team and is in its second season. It won the 2014 USL PRO Championsip in its inaugural season, and the team plays at Papa Murphy's Park, an 11,000-seat stadium on the grounds of Cal Expo.